DRUGS 2

THIS IS THE SECOND PART TO MY CONCERNS ABOUT MY DAUGHTER BEGIN PREG, AND DOING DRUGS ,IF THEY TEST HER AFTER SHE HAVE THE BABY AND SHE AND THE BABY HAVE DRUGS IN THEM WOULD THEY STILL LET HER TAKE THE BABY HOME WITH HER? AND IF THEY TAKE THE BABY FROM HER WHAT HAPPENS NEXT? WOULD THEY MAKE HER GO INTO TREATMENT GO FOR PARENT CLASSES, I HAVE GAURDIAN OF MY GRANDAUGHTERS HER 2KIDS DCF SERVICES PUSHED FOR ME TO DO IT AFTER I HOT LINED HER FOR ABUSE TO THE OLDEST ONE,I GOT HER 5DYS AFTER BIRTH, MY THING IS COULD I GET GAURDIAN OF THIS ONE AS WELL,IF SHE TEST POSITIVE ON DRUGS AFTER BIRTH? AGAIN SHE IS 6MO, AND WILL NOT STOP DOING DRUGS, I HOPE SOMEONE THAT KNOWNS ABOUT IL LAW WHEN IT COMES TO THIS DCFS THAT IS,

6carebears

Asked by 6carebears at 7:28 AM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I just wanted to wish you luck. I know alot of people in sim. situation. Not sure how system works. What a lucky daughter you have cuz she has you - better yet: how lucky the grand kids are to have you. Good Luck with this and I hope you get some good replys from the CM world. :) BRIS.
    bristle3kids

Answer by bristle3kids at 7:49 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I know each state is different, but when my sis was in NC and she had a baby born addicted to cocaine they informed us that IF the baby made it out of NICU and could go home she would not be going with my sister so my mother or I better contact a lawyer if we wanted custody. The baby died sadly, but I do know they wouldn't let her go home if she had lived. Good luck and I hope things work out for you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:54 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• make her go to rehab, how hard is it to just make her go? Tell her if she doesn't then she won't have this baby either and they will grow up without a mom. Tell her to grow up or she and that baby can die. I pee every visit I have at the obgyn and they sure test probably every once in a while for drugs. Everyone does at most obgyn's.
    Anonymous