My son is teething -clingey, and what new snacks to introduce?

He sleeps in his crib most of the time, but he's teething and miserable. He wants to sleep on my chest in the rocker. I know his mouth must hurt. He crys when I leave him with my husband for a few minutes. What can I do besides giving him tylenol and a cold washcloth and rattles to chew on. I bought thoses gerber cereal puffs that melt (he has 2 teeth & I don't want him to chock.) Another Mom @ Target said to get those organic cookies with Cookie Monster on the front. I am very tired right now. What kind of teething snacks did you give your baby @ 9 months-Rem. only 2 teeth? He doesn't feed himself- I have to put it in his mouth. He likes the puffs.

pamom222

Asked by pamom222 at 7:36 AM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• the puffs are a good idea. try a pacifier teether (they have a mesh net in them instead of the rubber nipple thing.) with ice chips in it. A lot of moms recommended a clean washcloth, soaked in water and then frozen. Douglas never liked that but I heard it from a lot of women, so maybe it's worth a try for you. Cheerios work too, they also dissolve but they take a little longer, so he can chew on them a little more. Bread or crackers are good when he gets a little more confident. Keep trying to get him to feed himself. Teething cookies are alright, but I found that they were more mess than they're worth. Popcicles are good too...just look into low sugar ones. Some places have real fruit ones. Watch the ones with strawberries in case he has an allergy to them. I used a toothbrush (rubber finger thingy) with oragel toothpaste for my LO. That helped him a lot too. Goodluck!
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 8:21 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Saltines!!! They were my daughter's best friend at this age. It was the only thing she would hold and munch on, and maybe it was the salt, but it really worked for her teething. She would even let me put her down on the floor for 10 minutes while she chewed on it. She didn't eat that much of it (not a big eater) so it was a little messy, but it soothed her.
    rabbate

Answer by rabbate at 9:05 AM on Apr. 7, 2009