diapers prices?? which brand is the best?

well im a new mother and all but its hard to have the right tool in every baby need. im a mother of twins and its had to have the right size in diaper one diaper might fit to big on one baby of fit to small on the other. and with the economy these days it's hard to buy something without hurting your wallet. we buy a pack of huggies the most costly diaper $20 for 92 dollars which is good for the amount but i buy diapers with week or every two. ive tryed coupons but its only a little discount...any tips any one??? In my area they dont sell luvs in small sizes and i do put the twins in the same size. Ive brought cheap diapers but i only ended with leaks and more dirty clothes. cheap doesnt always mean better.

poncetwins88

Asked by poncetwins88 at 8:08 AM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• When my girls were younger I loved Pampers Baby Dry. I never had a leak. However they are about the same price as Huggies. When my daughters got around 6 months I started usng Target, Kroger, and Walgreens Brand during the day and Pampers at night. You could also try cloth diapering. They have snap ones with inserts. I have heard Fuzzi Buns are the best. I have never used them. They are expensive in the beginning, like $20 a diaper, but will save you in the long run.
    Lexi.Mommy

Answer by Lexi.Mommy at 8:26 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• when my lil guy was new lol i used swaddles then huggies everyother brand alsways leaked huggies seem better. and when i got a cupon i was thrilled or when they went on sale ( sale being 9.99 ) but i agree they keep going up in price 10.49 for one pack last i saw. sorry i couldnt help xo *hugs*
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 8:42 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I'm not going to be much help either, except that I swear by Pampers. Pampers do not leak, even overnight, and I don't use as many, because it takes them longer to get wet. I do have one suggestion. Call Pampers and tell them you have twins and would like to request some coupons. Call Huggies and do the same thing! If the diaper companies can afford to provide Octamom with free diapers, they can afford to provide a mom with twins some coupons!
    Pampers: 1-800-726-7377 and Huggies:1-800-665-9773. Hope this helps you!
    4kidsandadog

Answer by 4kidsandadog at 8:57 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Go to Diapers.com You can get 228 huggies diapers for $35. and they will lst about a month cause for my daughter they last 2-3m. of course as the size goes up the number of diapers will go donw but it is still a good price you should try it. Good Luck
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:30 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I don't have twins but I have three under three (all in diapers...my oldest is special needs *3* so he'll be in diapers a bit longer than most) so I can feel the pain. My thinking is this - you get what you pay for unfortunately. Try diapers.com for discounts, write to the diaper companies for samples/coupons. Tell them how much you love their diapers. I buy in bulk at Sams Club since taking three out to a bunch of different stores is a nighmare - makes it easier to get things done all in one store.
    mom23boys679

Answer by mom23boys679 at 9:38 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• We get our diapers at costco. They have like 250 huggies for $40 the also have Kirkland brand for about the same price. Both brand have worked great for our daughter. I have had no leaks with the huggies.
    Kaitlyn0816

Answer by Kaitlyn0816 at 9:44 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I used to get my diapers at Toys-R-Us. The store brand was great.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:08 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Before my baby was born was asking the same question about diapers and i was told my a doctor at work that she swears by pampers, so I'm going to agree with "4kids" on the Pampers. I use Pampers swaddlers and i swear by them. I've never had a leak. They work wonders!
    ChalumNit

Answer by ChalumNit at 10:43 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Have you thought about cloth diapering? A ONE-Sized cloth diaper would work perfect and you wouldn't have to worry about "size" for either either of them. You'd save money, they don't leak like sposies and its better for the baby and for the environment.

Did you know the absorbent chemical in disposable diapers is called Sodium polyacrylate, which was linked to toxic shock syndrome and was removed from tampons in 1985?

Disposables also contain Dioxin which is a by product of bleaching paper and the most toxic of all cancer-linked chemicals, according to the Environmental Protection Agency?

Each child put into disposables cost on average $2,400 during the time they are in them.

So why not go cloth? I personally like Bum Genius and you can buy packages of them here
    http://www.cottonbabies.com/index.php?cPath=22
    They would last you from now until potty training! Good luck with whatever you decide :)
    SmileyMoo

Answer by SmileyMoo at 11:02 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• You are right that cheaper doesn't always mean better. I can't use the less expensive ones because my kids gets rashes. I like to use Huggies because they send me coupons, they work very well AND they fit well. I can use the same # diaper on both my kids who are over a year apart in age,
    firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 1:23 PM on May. 20, 2009