ultrasound. help.

If I was given a due date based off of ultrasound and not my LMP (because i measured a little bit farther along) , can you determine when conception may have taken place? From the ultrasound I measured 12w4d so does this mean I concieved 12w4d ago? or 10w 4d ago?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:11 AM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I would try to determint yoru conception date from your LMP. I measured bigger with my son the entire time I was pregnant...
    onyourterms

Answer by onyourterms at 8:25 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• From what my doc told me they add 2 weeks from conception so it seems to me like 10 w 4 d. The reason she probably is not going based on LMP is because most woman do not ovulate 14 days after the first day of their period. Many, especially ME, ovulate much later. Hope that helps! Remember you could have conceived slightly earlier than that day because when you ovulate, sperm can live inside of you for like 5 days and can make contact with the egg, it takes a bit of time for the egg to actually travel to your uterus and implant. Hope that helps!
    tinalloyd

Answer by tinalloyd at 8:37 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• It would be 10w4d plus or minus about 7 days due to sperm being able to live and ultrasounds not being accurate for conception and about 12w4d from the beginning of your LMP. If you know how long your cycles were you should be able to figure out approximately when you ovulated. For most women their cycle is 28 days and you ovulate around day 14. This is not true for everyone though. You do typically ovulate in the midlle of your cycle though so if you have a 32 day cycle you would ovulate around 16 days since LMP.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 9:52 AM on Apr. 7, 2009