i dont get my friend...

basically she is a helicopter mom in the fullest terms.my daughter and hers will make plans in school to play and then when they get home the mom denotes who the girl will play with.now yesterday she called to play cause her other friend couldnt play.she told me this.she wont answer the phone when she knows my daughter is on the other end and wants to play.(ive seen it)now all of a sudden my daughter is back in the loop.my daughter hasnt played with her in 3 weeks ...she is very hurt.she actually called me and asked what this other girls schedule was..my question is do i email her and ask her what her deal is.why doesnt she want her daughter to play with mine???i dont get her thinking and i really dont care but its really affecting my daughter...

raineydays377

Asked by raineydays377 at 8:24 AM on Apr. 7, 2009 in General Parenting

• I would talk to the mom to see what the problem is. It could be something trivial or something serious. I'm sure your daughter has other friends so encourage her to play and make plans with them instead.
    NicoleWienke

Answer by NicoleWienke at 8:28 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I wouldnt email her. I would ask her face to face. Mabey emailing is more comfortable for you. Dont accuse, just tell her that you notice this is happening and your daughter is noticing it also and its hurting her feelings. You wanted to bring this to her attention as you know that she would never intentionally hurt the feelings of a kid. I would also be active in helping your daughter find other friends. Encourage her to be independent and make different friends. Good Luck Momma!
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 8:30 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• ya my daughter is having a hard time making new friends..God knows she is in enough activities.hmm dont accuse that is a good suggestion.
    raineydays377

Answer by raineydays377 at 8:39 AM on Apr. 7, 2009