Why can't I enjoy the silence?

So my DH and DS are sleeping soundly in the other room, and I've been up since my DS woke up at 6 am for a morning bottle and diaper change. It was too early for him, he went back to bed, but I'm up...I can't go back to sleep..I think I slept fairly well last night though...I don't feel very rested because I'm still sick...maybe I can get a nap in sometime today..if the DH will let me. We have to go and get groceries...

why am I thinking about them....? Why can't I just relax and enjoy the peaceful time I have to myself before they both wake up and start my day for me? The fact that I need to clean house keeps running through my head, and only knowing that I need to rest, even if I can't sleep is keeping me in this chair. Any suggestions on how to unwind myself for the little while I have left before they wake up?

BisketLiss

Asked by BisketLiss at 8:44 AM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• It will come in time. As your child(ren) get older and you start to seek out activities for yourself, you will begin to cherish the quiet times.
    It isn't a bad thing to think of your family, either. It shows how devoted you are to your family and how much you love them. ♥
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:51 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• a nice hot shower sounds good.
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 8:46 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I wish. If I run the shower, it makes so much noise it will wake them both up..
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 8:50 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Instead of hauling the whole family to the grocerie store go by yourself atleast you will have some peace away from home. I know what you mean when you would like to rest but your mind is just racing all directions how can you possibliy take a nap. Not to mention when I do take a quick nap it does not feel like I did. I notice the clock moved alot but if felt only like ten to twenty minutes. So sometimes I just try to find something to do to keep busy. I know after being on cafemom for a while I get tired and like to take a quick nap...But yeah for now go to the grocery store alone you'd b surprised how refreshed you'd be. GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 9:06 AM on Apr. 7, 2009