i dont know were this belongs but i breastfeed my new baby

well its my three one and when ever she feeds it hurts she is on right its just my hole breast feels like there needles or sharp pains the hole time she feeds i dont know whats wrong and dr says it nothing my mother inlaw told me to have a hot show or put a hot coth on them but that does work any one know a way for it to stop really need help because really dont want to give up breastfeeding but i really thinking about it

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:57 AM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• that happened to me right before my milk really came in. during the first week. then after the milk came in it was alot easier. i was in so much pain that i had stopped breast feeding fully because it was so painful. so she got formula and she still gets breast milk but i totally understand. hang in there. it truely does get better.
    Anonymous

• Not 100% sure, but it sounds like let down. If it is, it should ease after some time. Just know that you're doing what's best for your baby. Stick it out, because it gets easier.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 9:05 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I agree it sounds like let down. I used to cringe when my baby started feeding. It does "toughen" up after a while, and the pain eases.
    my4lads

Answer by my4lads at 9:19 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• It sounds like let down. if baby is really young and still learning to latch that could be part of the issue. I would suggest pumping a little bit before feeding baby to make your breast softer and easier for baby to latch on.
    NinjaMomma

Answer by NinjaMomma at 9:55 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• It sounds like let down or possibly thrush. It is hard to understand your post, but if the babe is under 6 weeks old then it may just be engorgement and let down. It does get better, but I would not recommend pumping because this will signal the body to make more milk and keep you engorged longer.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 9:58 AM on Apr. 7, 2009