lemon juice to lighten hair& age spots? anyone tried it?

ive heard it from a couple people,but they never tried it,do you have to go in the sun? does it really work on your skin too?

lyla512

Asked by lyla512 at 8:57 AM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I do not know about the age spots...BUT
    I can tell you this...years ago my girlfriend and I put lemon juice in our hair...we went to the beach..
    It sure did lighten it and it
    destroyed it too.....It made my hair like a brillo pad...I would never do it again..
    Maybe we put to much...who knows..
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 9:24 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• the acidic content of lemon juice will result in dry hair. it may lighten hair, a few shades, perhaps. it won't take brown hair to blonde--too many shades inbetween the two.
    as with any 'lightening' product, natural or chemical, your hair's porosity/condition will be compromised, and must be treated as such. moisturize and care for hair after any chemical change, be it from lemons, pool-water, hot tool-usage, or lightening products. end of story
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 10:05 AM on Apr. 7, 2009