Why can't I sleep in our new house?

We moved into our new house on Saturday and haven't been able to sleep! I can't figure out why, I love the house. Is it the stress?

KlousMomi

Asked by KlousMomi at 9:20 AM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I'm guessing it's the combination of the newness of the house, the excitement of a new house, the stress of a new house, and the list of things to do in your head. At least, that's what it was for me. Once that list of things to do dwindles, I feel sure you'll have no problem resting :) In the meantime, if you want to help yourself:
    No caffeine after 3:30pm, and get a nightly "ritual."
    angelmunky

Answer by angelmunky at 9:43 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• could be the stress and the fact that its new to you. strange new place. maybe once u get things in order and put your touch into it u will sleep better. good luck and hopefuly sweet dreams xo
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 9:27 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Whenever I am in a new place I have trouble sleeping the first couple nights. It is likely the stress that is keeping you awake. You haven't been drinking more caffeine than usual? Did you get overly tired during the move and haven't recovered yet? Are you still stressed about the move and the newness? Take a walk today if you can, do some stretches afterwards. Relax and listen to some music, perhaps. Read for a while. If your thoughts are still whirling then you just haven't relaxed enough. When you are lying in bed in a comfortable position, breathe in, breathe out, relax each part of your body slowly from your toes up to your scalp. This will make you focus your mind as well as relax.

Answer by Bmat at 9:40 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I can't sleep anywhere except my own house. I went on vacation and could not sleep one day in our hotel room.
    Yellowrose9

Answer by Yellowrose9 at 9:44 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Has the night noises changed? I lived on a main road that was traveled all night for my entire life...one house to the next and when I moved out on my own it was still on that road. Then when I moved into the country, omg...I couldn't sleep. I was so used to having that traffic all night.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 10:15 AM on Apr. 7, 2009