How would you react if your 14 - 16 yr old came home and told you they were pregnant or had gotten someone pregnant?

this is hypothectial my son is only2.. just wondering though

also would you push for a certain option.. pr let them decide.. would you supprot them no matter what..

first i would be happy they could trust me
i would tell me son to make sure it was his and if it was he needs to do as much a he can for the child and help out and be a dad...

if i had a daughter (hoping this one is) I would educate her on ALL her options and let her make the choice I would be thee to support her no matter what but i would make it clear that if she wanted to keep the baby i would help but i would NOT raise the child for her... i would also enocuigare finsihng HS

JrsMommy07

Asked by JrsMommy07 at 9:35 AM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• Well My son I would have him make sure its his if that every happens and with my girls I will have them way their option and choices except for abortion, I don't believe in that and its wrong... Only if its medically needed.... I would help them out untill they were old enough to old down a job and take care of them on their own.
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 9:37 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• well after i was done fainting i would suport eaither boy or girl and go over all options and talk to parents. but would be upset due to the fact that i did educate my dd age 11and would be upset that she didnt hear what i said. i would be upset though..
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 9:38 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• My mom told me that I was pregnant when I was 17... I found out for sure the week before and was trying to get the courage to tell her... well, she'd been pregant five times, she knew... she was so amazing and supportive. She was mad at me for a few hours and didn't talk to me, then the next morning, she took me out we bought a name book and pregnancy book. I would like to hope, that I would be able to react similarly. Calm. Accepting. Supportive.
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 9:39 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Well, I told my mom I was pregnant just a month after turning 16. She talked to me about all the options, abortion, adoption, and keeping the baby, even though I already knew all my options. She told me she would support me in any decision I made. I of course kept her, and she's 7 now and beautiful!! But, I was very mature for my age. I did drop out of HS so I wouldn't have to be away from her for 13 hours a day for school and work. But I got my GED and went on to get an associates degree in Accounting and I'm getting ready to try to go back to school to get a culinary degree here soon! My mom told me later that had I chosen either of the other two options, she wouldn't have let me and she would have kept her herself. She said she wasn't worried though, she knew I would keep her!!
    WadeMom313

Answer by WadeMom313 at 9:40 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Well after I beat them both senseless...I dunno what I would do. With my daughter I would support any decision she made, but I will NOT raise a grandchild, if they feel that they are old enough to keep the child and raise him/her, then they are old enough to have full time jobs to support that child and should beable to do daycare and all that. I pray neither child puts themselves in that position
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:47 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Seeing such questions and answers is an eye opener. I never imagined facing such an issue, but I joined CM as I have a very social 13 year old. A few months ago, I couldn't have even imagined thinking about such a question... I'd probably run away for a few days, weeks. I would have been borderline suicidal. Now, I think I would still probably have a bad reaction, but seeing all the situations faced on CM, I realize it's an unfortunate possiblity of adolescence, I hope I would face it with dignity, love and an open mind. And in the meantime, I'm trying to give her all the love and encouragement I can to not fall into a bad relationship,or a bad decision... before it happens.
    PhillyinFrance

Answer by PhillyinFrance at 10:04 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Well, im having a son. And if he came home telling me he got a girl pregnant i would tell him that it's ok. That, he did the right thing by telling me. I would ask him if she has told her parents and what she plans to do. Tell him that he probably doesn't much of a say at such a young age. If she chooses to keep the child. Our families would meet and talk about my sons role in the babies life, if they want him their or whatever. If she chooses to abort then i will tell him to support her completely, that the decision she has chosen was hard enough without having someone making her feel bad. I would also refresh him on safe sex and such.
    mum-to-be-at-18

Answer by mum-to-be-at-18 at 10:21 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Oh and I told my son that he could kiss his college career goodbye because his first priority would be to working full time to support the child
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:39 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I would make sure that my son knew for sure it was his, not being rude, but as a boy you just cannot be sure.... He would be stepping up to the plate he has a biofather who is no longer in his life and DH adopted him when DS was 14 so he knows there is a big difference between fathering a child and being a daddy and I think he would do everything possible to be a good dad.
    I would be supportive but not raise the child UNLESS he and his GF were going to give the baby up and wanted us to adopt him/her.
    OH and I have told him several times that if he ever gets a girl pregnant my first question is going to be if he was using a condom and if not I will snap him with one like a rubber band until a-it breaks or b-he has welts!
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 10:45 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• 14-16? I'd have a fit, yell & scream and definetly push for my child and the other parent 2 be to look in to adoption. 14-16 is way too young to take on that responsibility. 17, almost 18 on the other hand would be a different reaction for me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:48 AM on Apr. 7, 2009