HOW CAN I GET MY BOYFRIEND ND SON TO BOND BETTER???

MY SONS DAD (MY BOYFRIEND) FEEDS, CHANGES ,HOLD HIM AND WATCHES HIM BUT I STILL DONT REALLY FEEL A STRONG BOND BETWEEN THEM ... SO WHAT ARE THINGS I CAN DO TO GET THEM TO BOND OR CONNECT BETTER???

andresmommy_513

Asked by andresmommy_513 at 3:39 PM on Aug. 1, 2008 in General Parenting

• He just has to keep doing what he is doing. Babies will bond with their mother first before their fathers. YOU carried him for 9 months, daddy didn't. Tell dad to give it time and soon you will see a difference.
    Lainee21106

Answer by Lainee21106 at 4:20 PM on Aug. 1, 2008

• Maybe they have a perfectly good bond. The way that a father is with his child is different from how a mother is with her child. It's hard for some men to relate to little babies because they are into being active. My hubby did all the same things when our son was younger. Once he started walking they really started spending time together cause he could take him outside to kick around a ball or wrestle.
    roxy85

Answer by roxy85 at 4:35 PM on Aug. 1, 2008

• I'm wit roxy. Men and babies have their own little ways. For the entire pregnancy with Zamiya, not once did Steven touch my belly, talk to my belly, (my ex-husband used to insist on it. Since he was deployed alot.) In fact, Steven didn't even want her. He wasn't ever mean to me. Or cold. He was just distant. He didn't even tell his family I was pregnant. Trust me that hurt. Still a little pissed about it. But, everyday, I'd pray "God, just let him love her." And I mean everyday. He was there when she made her entrance. Even participated. One nite, when we were finally home. I was resting. (I would nurse her).
    jmdivine

Answer by jmdivine at 2:12 AM on Aug. 2, 2008

• He scooped her out of her crib. And I heard him whisper in his "man-child" whisper. (they really don't know how to whisper) "I Love you Baby". He was snuggling, smelling her precious baby scent. It's weird, but men just bond differently than we do. Betcha anything, if anything seemed to be bothering your son, your BF will try to figure out what is buggin his little man. Don't worry too much. (I know, easier said). He IS there. And he is loving your son. Maybe, the baby scares him. I know my first born scared the mess outta me. And so did Zamiya. She came 10 whole years after my first daughter!! Sorry so long.
    jmdivine

Answer by jmdivine at 2:13 AM on Aug. 2, 2008