How do you make your Iced Tea?

I like the instant iced tea lemon flavor and also the one you boil then add sugar and fresh lemons.

I guess that is pretty much how you make iced tea, but maybe you have a secret to the taste that you would like to share...:)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:53 AM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I use my ice tea maker..I put 4 bags of tea in..Per pitcher.

Answer by louise2 at 9:55 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I fill a saucepan with water and put in two family size tea bags. I heat it to just boiling. I let it cool all day with the lid on it. I then put one to one and a half cups of sugar in the gallon pitcher and add a little water to cover. I stir it until disolved then pour the tea in and stir again. I put it in the fridge to chill. Voila!! My son says I should open a store that only sells my tea.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:07 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I have a Mr. Coffee Iced Tea maker. It came with a pitcher that is 3 quarts I think. I used 6 individual sized tea bags and 1 cup sugar for my tea. I also don't use any ice in it. I just fill the whole jug with water, pour in the amount needed in the tea maker, add the sugar to the jug and let it brew then stir it all up. I don't care for the melted ice taste in my tea.
    WadeMom313

Answer by WadeMom313 at 10:07 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I've also on occasion used the flavored tea bags instead of the regular ones. Some of them are awesome as cold tea!!!
    WadeMom313

Answer by WadeMom313 at 10:08 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I have an iced tea maker from Target. I use 3 tea bags. I don't drink sweet tea.  I have been making a lot of peppermint tea.  I found the best loose leaf peppermint tea at a shop near us.  It is so good. 

momtoonecuteboy

Answer by momtoonecuteboy at 10:13 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I put 6 tea bags (sometimes 4 regular and 2 green) in a gallon sized pitcher and put it in the sun for about 4 hours and then add 1/4 cup sugar. Stick this in the fridge and let chill. I sometimes put a little orange slice in mine, but I don't like lemon.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 10:20 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I fill my coffeemaker reservoir with water, put 5 teabags in the coffeepot, and turn it on. Then I let the bags steep about 5 minutes, then lift them out without squeezing them. Then refrigerate. I like my iced tea unsweetened. When I drink it I often add lemon or a sprig of mint.

Answer by Bmat at 10:29 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I love the Southern Sweet Tea-- You make a really concentrated brew and set it aside. Then you make some simple syrup (boiled water and sugar), and add the two, diluting to taste.
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 10:30 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I put on a sauce pan full of water and put in 4 tea bags. I heat it almost to a boil then turn it on low for a while and let it brew for several hours. I dont boil it because my hubby said it makes it taste burnt. So anyway, I let it brew for a good while, then add sugar, stir, then put it in the Pitcher and add cool water to fill up the pitcher the rest of the way.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 11:07 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I like my iced tea plain and strong. I make it by filling the pitcher (gallon size) half full of hot water and tossing in 5 bags (I used to put in more but have cut it down to 5 but it is still strong since I leave the bags in until I empty the pitcher). After an hour or so I fill the rest up with cold water and put it in the fridge.
    I don't use lemon or sugar in mine and it has to be Lipton. I don't like any other kind of tea.
    I like their cold brew bags, too. Then all I need is a pitched of cold water and 30 minutes later I have fresh tea.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:30 AM on Apr. 7, 2009