• In the Spotlight:

Isn't regular soda the same as diet soda?

I mean you still are getting all that sugar put in the diet as well as the regular.
They just slap the name diet on it. (and use somekind of other type of sugar that gives it that after taste to it, like sweet and low has that after taste to me)

Do you agree?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:56 AM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Food & Drink

• no
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:56 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• No, diet soda does't have sugar in it, there IS a difference between sugar and "sweetners"
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:58 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Diet does not have real sugar in it. It has splenda type sweetener in it.

Answer by louise2 at 9:58 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I think, but don't know for sure, that it is a different recipe. It still has sweetener, but it isn't sugar.
    For me it isn't so much an aftertaste as that the diet soda seems much too sweet.

Answer by Bmat at 10:00 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Diet usually has Sacrin or Aspartame or Sucralose. I hate them all and read anything I’m not sure of to see if they are in it.
    Bear777

Answer by Bear777 at 10:05 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• They aren't the "same" in the sense that it's two types of sugar....however - they are both equally unhealthy for you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:08 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Regular soda is loaded with high fructose corn syrup and sugar, diet has artificial stuff. They all have phosphoric acid in them, which will interfere with our body's ability to absorb calcium.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 10:17 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Other then the sweetening ingredients they have the same ingredients, but the calories are way different between the 2. I personally will never use the artificial sweeteners and feel that soda is a big no no, but do occasionally have a can.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 10:24 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Isn't regular soda the same as diet soda?
    No diet soda tastes awful
    LolaMateos

Answer by LolaMateos at 10:26 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• No, diet soda is artificial sweeteners which have zero calories but you're basically putting chemicals in your body instead of the real sugar used in regular sodas. Either one is bad for you but picking one over the other, I go for the real stuff.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 10:30 AM on Apr. 7, 2009