Ever had mice in your home?

We have "field mice" in our attic. My husband saw one up there. He said the one he saw was small and brown. I have someone coming out TODAY. I am soooo embarrassed. I keep my home very clean. I feel in some part I have failed my kids. I don't know... :-(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:58 AM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Home & Garden

• No you didn't!!! I had them once when we lived in IL. The reason they got in our house was the landlord had done some work in the crawl space before we moved in and forgot to close it all the way back up. So, there was a hole and it was cold outside, so they just came on in! Had nothing to do with housekeeping or anything like that. My house was pretty much always clean. I didn't stay at home then like I do now, but I mostly kept up with it. It's nothing you did or didn't do, they probably just found a hole and came on in from the cold.
    WadeMom313

Answer by WadeMom313 at 10:04 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• It's not failure. even people who keep their house spotless get roaches and rodent pests. I suggest glue traps as the most effective way to get rid of your critters.

heck, we had 7 cats and still had mice try to move in time to time.
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 10:03 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• u didnt fail xo you have a warm home and shelter. beleave me it could be worse. i watch this show called vermanators and somethings are gross. cockroach infestations pigions bee's. but u didnt fail cheer up it happens to the best of us. yes it has happend to me but mine were in a cabinet but with nothing for them to eat not even a crumb is left on my counter and a ton of fabric sheets they took off ( i think basement ) but i have a landlord who does nothing and said thats life. nice huh.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 10:06 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• It has nothing to do with failure. I'm the world's biggest clean freak and we get mice occasionally.. We live in an older home so they get in through holes. It doesn't mean you're not clean and it doesn't mean you're a failure...it just happens.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:22 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Even mansions get mice babe. It it no way reflects you or your abilities as a Mother. Just set some traps and you can kiss those pests goodbye.
    happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 11:26 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Hey, it is a nice warm place with food in it...of course it is more appealing for a mouse than fending for themselves outside. I had one this year. One trap, no mice.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 11:52 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• i live in the country and i get rats and bugs and all that creepy crap in my house and it is not dirty. they are just looking for water and anything good to eat. nothing we can do about it but keep traps out.
    twinsnseptember

Answer by twinsnseptember at 9:40 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• We live in the forest. We are surrounded by wildlife. We see them outside and yes we have had a couple inside. They got through the weather proofing inbetween our sliding glass door and the tinest crack in the molding on an outside wall. Of course they want in. It is warm and they can smell food. One I chased out. The other my son accidently stepped on while my daughter and I were trying to trap it. He cried because he killed it. We try not to. I figure we are in their domain.

We even had a chipmunk in our house when I left the door open!
    CelticFaerie

Answer by CelticFaerie at 1:10 PM on Apr. 8, 2009