Am I doing this right?

Here's my day plan. Let me know if you think I'll lost weight this way.. or give me some suggestions about different things I can do to increase my weight loss.
I get up at 5.. Hit the gym by 5:30.. I do the eliptical machine for 40 minutes, then walk half a mile, then ride the bike for a mile.. Then I go home shower, go to work. For breakfast, I eat a bowl of special K or Total, and a banana.. For lunch, I eat a salad with just lettuce and dressing, no nuts or anything, and also eat an apple or grpes.. When Ileave work, I go back to the gym.. Another 30 minutes on the eliptical and walk a mile and then do the arm machines and then home to eat either baked chicken, or baked pork chops, corn, or another veggie like that, and a salad.. I'm also taking the prenatal vitamins for the extra boost of vitamins that I don't get all day. Will I lost weight this way? Am I doing it right?

PeytonsMom21109

Asked by PeytonsMom21109 at 10:05 AM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• It's not that you won't loose weight this way..It's can you keep up this way of eating and exersize. You need to be more realistic about it. Going to the gym once a day should be fine.

Answer by louise2 at 10:12 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Hey, yeah I can.. I work 10 hrs a day sitting at a desk.. and it's something that me and husband do together is going to the gym..So going twice a day is great .. I go in the morinng by myself and then we go work out together in the afternoon
    PeytonsMom21109

Answer by PeytonsMom21109 at 10:25 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• You might not be getting enough calories for healthy weight loss with the amount of exercise you are doing. The body needs calories to burn calories. If you are not getting enough calories it will cause you to lose muscle.
    Healthy weight loss involves finding the right balance of calories, carbs, fats, protein, and physical activity.
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 11:08 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Damn girl you make it sound sooo easy but you have been busting your butt you will be looking good in no time. I am going to try this Hell yeah I think you are doing sooo good.

Thanks for the BIG tip here :)
    Anonymous

• Ok, just a few ideas to tweek your great routine. Cardio is GREAT! But keep in mind that cardio uses sugar from the body first. When you haven't any food in the body, the body will go straight to the muscle for its energy, which means you'll begin to lose muscle, which is not the fat. Remember that muscle helps burn fat. I'll address the exercise routine later.

Next, breakfast is the most important meal of the day, breaking the body's fast from the nite. One of the body's greatest needs is protein. Cereal is mostly carb (including special K, which i personally like too.) That means your insulin will spike, then drop. Bananas are perfect foods but are also adding to the morning carb. I would at least add a boiled egg (90 cals), lean meat, nuts to the breakfast, and then a high fiber fruit, like apples. Apples are also high sugar fruit, but will give you fiber and obvious vit.
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 2:20 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• A boiled egg, 7 almonds, 1/2 banana and 1 small apple will give you about 300-350 cals for breakfast, which is a good amount when you are keeping your daily totals to 1500-1800 cals a day. Esp. for the hard workout that you just gave your body. You do not want to lose muscle, nor make the body think its in famine. ;)

I would walk the 1/2 mile first, then elip., then bike. That way your body is warmed up & woken up. :) I would suggest doing walk 1/2 mi, then do upper or lower body strength training so that your body will use the muscles to help your continue to burn cals all during the day (20-40 min.), then do bike last for the remaining time.

For the evening, I would a cardio again like walking or treadmill and then core training, and even a sport with the hubs like walk/sprint, or swim.

Be sure an add a lean protein for lunch to the salad. The body uses protein to facilitate carbs, or the carbs get stored. :
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 2:36 PM on Apr. 7, 2009