If my 12 month old swalled a laptop key will he be okay?

Will he pass it okay? Or is it something that should involve a doctor? I don't think he swallowed it but I can't find it anywhere. He loves to rip the keys off whenever were not looking..

amy31308

Asked by amy31308 at 10:18 AM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I would DEFINATELY call a doctor. I'm thinking that won't be able to get through his system. They should xray to see if its there.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 10:23 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• You mean a letter or a number, symbol from your computer keyboard. Probably he'll poop it out, I'd call doctor any way. They might want an xray to determine it's passing properly and not stuck. If he's not choking now then it was swallowed alright, that's good news. Just call your doc and put on plastic gloves and a nosepin on your nose and go for a treasure hunt!! Things like this happen to a lot of kids!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:23 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• And IF it can get through, will it tear up things in the process...yeah call your doc asap...
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 10:24 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• doctor laughed at my aunt once cause she thought he swalloed a quarter, he told her "you parents are so funny. it is impossible to get something like that down your windpipe without choking to death or puking"
    he ddint swallow it
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 10:28 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• HE DIDN'T SWALLOW IT.. i found it thanks everyone :)
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 10:42 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• lmao. where was it amy?
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 12:01 PM on Apr. 7, 2009