Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If my 12 month old swalled a laptop key will he be okay?

Will he pass it okay? Or is it something that should involve a doctor? I don't think he swallowed it but I can't find it anywhere. He loves to rip the keys off whenever were not looking..

Answer Question

Asked by amy31308 at 10:18 AM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

Level 5 (92 Credits)
Answers (6)
  • I would DEFINATELY call a doctor. I'm thinking that won't be able to get through his system. They should xray to see if its there.

    Answer by MamaChamp at 10:23 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

  • You mean a letter or a number, symbol from your computer keyboard. Probably he'll poop it out, I'd call doctor any way. They might want an xray to determine it's passing properly and not stuck. If he's not choking now then it was swallowed alright, that's good news. Just call your doc and put on plastic gloves and a nosepin on your nose and go for a treasure hunt!! Things like this happen to a lot of kids!!

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:23 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

  • And IF it can get through, will it tear up things in the process...yeah call your doc asap...

    Answer by MamaChamp at 10:24 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

  • doctor laughed at my aunt once cause she thought he swalloed a quarter, he told her "you parents are so funny. it is impossible to get something like that down your windpipe without choking to death or puking"
    he ddint swallow it

    Answer by moki1984 at 10:28 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

  • HE DIDN'T SWALLOW IT.. i found it thanks everyone :)

    Answer by amy31308 at 10:42 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

  • lmao. where was it amy?

    Answer by jodi205 at 12:01 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.