Any ideas on decorating eggs besides..............

I want to do something to decorate eggs besides dying them this year with my kids because they are older. Any ideas on how to decorate eggs that is alittle more creative and interesting to teens?

nannabart

Asked by nannabart at 10:23 AM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• You can try sticker and markers (washable)
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:25 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• we have tried that, they just get bored with it. was hoping for an idea they would really get into that takes alittle more time and creativeness.
    nannabart

Answer by nannabart at 10:32 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• You could paint them.
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 10:33 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I've used permanent markers. I've put dots from the different markers all over the shells to make a colorful design. Also stars and other designs. To use markers without smearing the colors, you have to hold the eggs by the very top and bottom. I still have the shells that I dyed about 20 years ago. I blew the egg out of the shells, rinsed out the shells, and dyed those. To do this poke a hole in one end of the egg, another hole at the bottom about the width of a pea, stick toothpick in to break the yolk, then blow out the egg. Some of the shells I still have are coated with an egg dye that I haven't seen lately, it had a laquer in it, so the shells are like tie-dye and shiny.

Answer by Bmat at 10:37 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I was thinking of doing that -blowing the yolk out. Thats why I want to do something really neat with the shells so we can keep them.
    nannabart

Answer by nannabart at 10:51 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I used markers and they were so pretty! I made one with zebra stripes on it, and it was so pretty.
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 12:26 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I guess I'm thinking alittle more complicated. I got a suggestion from a friend to roll the egg in glue and then roll in candy sprinkles or glitter. Any more ideas like that maybe or even better?
    nannabart

Answer by nannabart at 3:08 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• This site has so many great egg decorating ideas, with How To instructions and photo examples!

http://www.marthastewart.com/portal/site/mslo/menuitem.662864adbedf0cd90ad59df8d373a0a0/?vgnextoid=d14dab78367ee010VgnVCM1000003d370a0aRCRD
    MomOfJandM

Answer by MomOfJandM at 6:43 PM on Apr. 7, 2009