Should i have another baby?

My son is 7 months old and i was thinking about having another. The problem is I just turned 18 last month. I want to have my kids close, but I don't know if this is too close or maybe I'm too young to have another so soon.

I'm still with his father and we are living together.(not mooching off parents)

OwensMama824

Asked by OwensMama824 at 10:24 AM on Apr. 7, 2009 in General Parenting

• no
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:26 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• i would wait a little bit longer im 18 too...i personally would wait a little bit longer i want another one too but my daughter is only 5 months old and i know i wouldnt be able to handle 2 babies at one time...that just me personally...
    lilysmommy1408

Answer by lilysmommy1408 at 10:27 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• If you think you both are ready..Go right a head

Answer by louise2 at 10:27 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I would hold back a little. I would definitely focus on getting my education, and marrying the man you're with first. You have plenty of time to have children. But thats just me.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 10:28 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• no
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:31 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• My husband is the "only child" he always complains about it. He wishes that his mother would had had another child: a brother/sister to spend time with. Just from my perspective have another one and then finished your education you have lots of time to work on education and job goals.
    LolaMateos

Answer by LolaMateos at 10:32 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• No.
    kara_g.

Answer by kara_g. at 10:37 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Ignore the Anon bitch above, she apparently thinks only her way of parenting is right. I was 19 with my first and 22 with my second, we are having two more as well. you should give your body a full year to recover from a pregnancy and delivery before trying again. I'm proud of you both for being stand up people and raising your child on your own. Keep up the good work Mama. I would thin of college courses however. Making it out there job wise is hard and without furthering your education, it's even harder. I'm a SAHM but I'm still taking courses at home. Good luck again, and give your body a rest before you try again.
    happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 10:44 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I'd wait to get married, at your age not having a permanent committment could be a problem. You and your boyfriend will continue to develop and grow as you learn more about the world and yourselves, and without a binding committment, you and he may find yourselves growing apart. It should all be about the children. They should not be brought into the world because the parent likes babies and wants to have some close together and so forth. It should be because the parents feel that they can raise the children well and provide health care, nurturing, good education and preparation for the child's life.

Answer by Bmat at 10:44 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Ok...there really was a NASTY Anon response...sorry to the Anon who simply said no...I was not talking about you.
    happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 10:45 AM on Apr. 7, 2009