Are you going to dye eggs this year?

Or just stick to the plastic eggs and put candy in them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:29 AM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Both. My son is only 2 but we are going to let him color eggs. We also have plastic eggs that we will fill and "hide" for him. We do not believe in hiding real eggs because of things that happened in the past. We did this once and didn't find all of the eggs. They started to stink! So now, we only hide plastic ones but we love to color the real eggs.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 10:32 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Sadly, no dyeing of eggs this year. Only crappy plastic with candy. My 13 year old said no to dyeing. He really didn't want plastic eggs, he just wanted the candy. *sniffles* Off to mope now.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:36 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Oh yes. I'll be using Procion fiber reactive dyes, the same stuff I use for tie-dye. That way, I can dye them interesting colors like khaki and dark purple.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 10:36 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• We do both. The plastic ones are what the Easter Bunny hides and the eggs we dye are for decorations. I blow the insides out of the eggs and then the kiddos dye them, this year we are doing foil eggs. We then string them on thread with a matching glass bead at the bottom and top and hang them, they are good year after year and the shells get stronger over the years surprisingly.
    happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 10:37 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• My MIL will bw dying some eggs and we will have a Easter egg hunt at her house sometime this weekend.
    LND

Answer by LND at 10:43 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• My son is 12 and still loves to dye eggs. SHHH just don't tell his friends.
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 10:48 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• were gonna do both. we dye eggs saturday night and then eat them sunday as deviled eggs with dinner. and then my dd is 16 months so we'll "hide" the plastic eggs for her to find.. but no candy in them.
    emmalouwho

Answer by emmalouwho at 10:49 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• we do both
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• We are going to dye eggs and fill some plastic ones with candy. I'm pretty sure hubby and I will eat most of the candy. LOL My son is only 2.
    Pollymom

Answer by Pollymom at 11:06 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• we do both. Plastic for in his basket and reall to find. But we are painting them this year and putting stickers on them.
    EarthMama05

Answer by EarthMama05 at 11:28 AM on Apr. 7, 2009