What have YOU found in the washer/dryer?

What is the best and the worst things you have found in the washer and/or dryer?

Best- one time hubby left a $50 in his pocket I found it when I pulled the laundry out of the dryer!!!!! In our house if it goes through the wash it is mine if I choose- all I ask DS and DH to do is empty their pockets if you cannot do that then it's mine!

Worst- when DS was 2.5 years old I was taking jeans out of the washer and shook them out b/c going to hang them on the line and WORMS fell out of his pockets! I took all the other jeans out and there were some in the washer too! Needless to say that whole load got rewashed!

goaliemom93

Asked by goaliemom93 at 10:32 AM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• dead crickets from my sons frogs
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:34 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• LMAO...yeah I always find money. If its more than 1 dollar I show my hubby and say finders fee!! He gets so mad.. But I always tell him thats what he gets for not checking his pockets.
    Worst thing. Cigarette butts. He got so used to not throwing his cig butts on the floor from being AD Marine. Every week I would wash our cammies, I would have a whole pile of butts from all his pockets. If they get washed, all the clothes get the very annoying little lint that doesnt always come off in the wash or drying. The other things is facial tissues and/or pullups. My second daughter used to take off her pullup with her pants to change into pj's for night time. Well I would find out when taking their clothes out the wash...tons of white stuff everywhere. Yeap sift through it, shake off majority of it and wash it again, and pray the rest comes off in the dryer. although a few times the pull up would stay intact!!
    MSully3

Answer by MSully3 at 10:39 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Usually I just find a quarter or dime from my husband, he doesn't usually care cash on him but I found a 5 once. Treated myself and Michael to ice cream for the afternoon.

My washer and dryer were not working so I went to a friends house to do a few loads. My son and her daughter were outside playing when her daughter slid through the glass and got grass stains all over her brand new white pants. My friend asked if I could wash them with next load, no bid deal. I threw them in with my brand new bed sheets (I wanted to wash them before i put them on the bed). When I pulled them out of the dryer, there was red crayon all over! My friend felt so bad, but I thought it was hiliarious. I put them on the bed and when my husband pulled the blankets back the night before he goes, "I think we need to return these. I'm pretty sure they were used" I about peed my pants!
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 10:40 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I would find, candy which it really sucks when its in the dryer (gum) money from hubby or the credit card has been washed a couple of times, my drivers card, my sons homework, and veggies that my son hates...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:57 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Ummm....I've found money many times.... I have also found parts to Jets, little pieces like fasterners and things that he had put in his pocket at work and forgot about. The worst thing was a busted ink pen. He had left it in his pocked and put a bunch of clothes on the wash (i almost always do the laundry, he happened to throw some clothes in the wash this time). I pulled everything out of the dryer and there was ink all over the clothes. He had thrown some of my daughters brand new clothes in there and they had ink all over there. It took me FOREVER to get that stuff out.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 11:02 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Oh boy.. lets see.. before I got smart and just started checking pockets BEFORE I stuck them in the wash I found (from my son alone), crayons (I about flipped),pencils,money,game stop cards,wrappers, those nintendo DS games, cell phone, mp3 player, watches, letters from school,calculator, and so much more.. my son has a horrible habit of packing his pockets full of junk.. I have even considered sewing the pockets of his jeans shut!!

Tzutchka

Answer by Tzutchka at 11:08 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Best. I have found a couple of dollars before, never 50 though.

Worst. Poop. My nephew goes through phases where he poops himself for a while. It doesn't always wash out completely... Thanks BM!
    mlregalado

Answer by mlregalado at 11:13 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Usually money! However, once I washed and dried a frog in my son’s pocket. Needless to say, the frog was dead, the jeans went in the trash and the rest of the load was rewashed and dried. I have also washed a cell phone and washed and dried crayons. The crayons pretty much enticed me to take up the habit of checking pockets. When crayons melt onto your dryer walls and the clothing in inside, it's a big mess.
    Growing2Fast

Answer by Growing2Fast at 11:19 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• $20!! Numerous rocks, twigs, leaves, crayons, pens and ruined clothes!!!!!!

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:52 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Best - some paper money floating in the washing machine.
    Worst - gum in the dryer.

I've learned to check all pockets when sorting clothes and I tell everyone that any money I find is mine. When I find money I tell them later "thank you for paying me for doing your laundry" and they begin to clean out their own pockets. I haven't gotten 'paid' in a long time...lol.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:58 PM on Apr. 7, 2009