Why does my daughter fight sleep?

My daughter will be 9 months on Friday. She is very happy and a good baby but when it comes to naps and bedtime she doesnt want to sleep. She is very nosey and always wants to be apart of everything. She has good and bad days. Some days she will go right down for a nap and bed and other days she wont nap at all and then bedtime shes so exhausted shes overtired and doesnt sleep well. Does anyone have suggestions? I dont want her to get in bad habits or be sleep deprived :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:39 AM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Just put her to bed same time every night, all you can do is be consistant. My son went through a phase where he cried himself to sleep every night, daughter did to, because he wanted to be social. We didnt' give, we let him cry. There are times when they just aren't as tired as normal, so you also have make a judgement call
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:42 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• consistency is the key..and my 8 month old son is the exact same way, I am very consistent with him and sometimes he sleeps throught the night and the next week he might wake up in the middle of the night. my son is also very nosey but you gotta think there is a lot going on in this stage, crawling, maybe walking, and developing some other milestones, they will want to see everything and what is going on its normal.
    djanowski775

Answer by djanowski775 at 10:56 AM on Apr. 7, 2009