What kind of printer do I need for my computer?

I have I think an inkjet printer that takes those expensive small cartridges. I rarely print anything, and everytime I do, it won't print. It's like the ink dries up even though the cartridge is full. I spent like $200 on this damn HP printer that has a little window to see pictures and a scanner.

flowrchild77

Asked by flowrchild77 at 10:49 AM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Money & Work

• If the main thing your looking for is cheap ink, start there. Find ink you'd like to buy and you'll be able to find a printer from there. You can hook any computer to any printer, so it doesn't really matter unless you are looking for particular features. My printer was like 45 dollars and it has a scanner and copier.
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 10:51 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I've never found an inkjet printer that I like and that works. I printed out 10 letters and it said the ink was gone. I have a laser printer I bought probably 10 years ago and it's still going strong. An ink toner is costly, about $45-$50 but it lasts me for a year or even two if I'm not printing a heck of a lot. Mine only does black and white but these days color lasers are afforable and much more lasting than inkjets!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 11:08 AM on Apr. 7, 2009