At what age did you successfully ferberize your child?

NO NEGATIVE COMMENTS!!!

carsonoliviamom

Asked by carsonoliviamom at 10:52 AM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I don't know what that is, so, I can't answer honestly.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:54 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• What is "ferberizing"
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:54 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Before two! It was management but easly sucessfull. still there were the nights of coming to my room on occasion so I made no big deal about it only praise for doing a good job. She is 4 and still on occasion will want to stay up But even goes to bed on her on sometimes if she is realy tired!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Answered at 10:54 AM on Apr. 7, 2009 by:

I don't know what that is, so, I can't answer honestly.

Teaching your kid that you won't listen when you cry so it learns to just shut up and go to sleep. Also known as crying it out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:56 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Oh, ok, thanks.

I didn't do that. Only at naptime when he was a year and a half and refused to lay down. I let him cry it out then. But, at night, he co-slept. Or I put him in his bed while sleepy and if he woke up, I put him in my bed. He never had to CIO. And he slept all night starting at 3 months and even now at 13yrs. he will get sleepy and go to bed by 9. No makeing him.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:00 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• My kids only had to cry it out a couple of times early on. We didn't believe in co-sleeping and both were in their cribs by 6 weeks. But my kids were good sleepers. Only time we had issues was really with my son. He ws a very social child and when we would have friends over, he would want to stay up. But we didn't give him that option.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:10 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• What exactly is the Ferber method?
    In a nutshell, Ferber says you can teach your baby to soothe himself to sleep when he's physically and emotionally ready, usually sometime between 4 and 6 months of age. He recommends following a warm, loving bedtime routine and then putting your baby in bed awake and leaving him (even if he cries) for gradually longer periods of time. Putting a child to bed awake, says Ferber, is crucial to successfully teaching him to go to sleep on his own.
    Parents are instructed to pat and comfort their baby after each predetermined period of time, but not to pick up or feed their baby. This routine is called "progressive waiting." The suggested waiting time, which Ferber charts in his book, is based on how comfortable you are with the technique, how many days you've been using it, and how many times you've already checked on your child that night.
    After a few days to a week of gradually increasing t
    carsonoliviamom

Answer by carsonoliviamom at 11:13 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Last I heard, Ferber recanted and said his method wasn't good to use.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• i read an article stating that he doens't like this statement and that his method isn't that good because not all babies are the same. i wanna say it was either babytalk or american baby
    ssnelson26

Answer by ssnelson26 at 1:09 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• My oldest is 10 and I haven't yet...and never will. You should respond when your baby cries.

Hope that helps.
    Anonymous