Wedding Advice

I am getting married in 3 months, so I am frantically planning a wedding. What's something that you would tell someone in my shoes, based on your own wedding planning experience?

Mom2vanna

Asked by Mom2vanna at 10:52 AM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Keep a few things in mind- this is about the union, not the wedding :) If things don't go EXACTLY as planned, that is okay :) The first thing you need to do is figure out what you are wearing and where you will have the reception and ceremony. Less is always more in a wedding- don't stress (HAHAHAH) but really, remind yourself that you LOVE this person and the wedding is just a big party to celebrate. NO ONE will tell you things were not great that day. Everyone is coming to celebrate you! :) ENJOY every moment
    jessicasea

Answer by jessicasea at 10:58 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Don't pick things (decorations, dress, etc.) Just because someone else tells you to, only buy it if you truly love it. I made that mistake and hated my dress :( try not to stress, I know its hard not too! Make sure you have plenty of help on the day of your wedding, if you don't already have your shoes make sure they are comfortable and if you fall in love with a pair that's not comfortable then get another pair for the reception! I ended up dancing barefoot! Lol and wear waterproof mascara!! Get all your stuff ready the night before and most importantly have fun!
    mommyBrooke849

Answer by mommyBrooke849 at 11:06 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Relax. Its not about the day but the journey that begins that day. I planned my wedding in three months, there were sooo many little things I stressed out over that when it came time to walk down the asile, that didnt even matter at that point. Have fun with it and dont let ANYONE make you do or not do something you want. I wanted a receiving line but let my wedding director talk me out of it. Thats my only regret from my wedding. I didnt get to talk to everyone who was at the wedding because some had to leave before the reception. Had I insisted on what I wanted, I would have been able to thank EVERYONE for coming.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 11:11 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Dont stress and overdo. It doesnt have to be a big whoo whoo to be beautiful and special.

Do it your way and dont let mother guilt take over(you know how moms can want to do it all for ya LOL).
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 11:30 AM on Apr. 7, 2009