• In the Spotlight:

Is it possible

Is it possible to get my small Chauwauwau to stop walking right under my feet, I step on her all the time, but when I walk into the house or am holding my son and walking, she run right under me. I don't want to hert her, but can I stop this?

NicholeAT

Asked by NicholeAT at 11:07 AM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Pets

• Have you taken your dog to obedience training? You could teach your dog a sit command and the stay command so that it sits and stays put.
    Or if you think it is a busy time in your household, put your pup in a kennel.
    blujeanlady62

Answer by blujeanlady62 at 4:29 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• My rat terrier is 8lbs... she learned quickly. When you're coming, she should move, and if she doesn't, give her a nudge out of the way and say "OUT." in a firm manner. She will learn to associate the term "OUT" with a foot moving in her direction and will eventually learn to move out of the way without the command.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 4:59 PM on Apr. 7, 2009