My son is turning 5 in May and I need advice on some good (cheap) party ideas (i.e-places to have it)

p.s-we are in Cleveland, Ohio.

ctawba7

Asked by ctawba7 at 11:08 AM on Apr. 7, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I don't know about the specific area, but I'd look into a local church, or park. A lot of times you can get places like that for free, or next to it. With the church, contact the pastor and ask whether they have a room you can use. Parks might cost a little more, talk to your town office about who to call and find that stuff out. But who doesn't love an outdoor party? And decoration's easy, just bring some balloons and a banner to tie to the trees and benches, just make sure to clean up afterwards. Hope you find the perfect place!
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 11:19 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Hech ya park, OR drive up to williby or mentor and have it down my the water.. Have a beach party with out the beach... I know its prob still cold up there so if not do a skate party at a local rink, Hez five, so you could have everyone dress up in costums just for the heck of it.. If i knew the theme i could do better mama..
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 3:09 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• The best place at low cost was at the movie theatre. There was a minimum of 8 children, birthday child was free. Foos included, mess was taken care of and my son was taken up to the projector room to start the movie himself! He LOVED it. Oh, the party room was included fpr an hour after the movie too!
    Good Luck.
    fiercebubbles

Answer by fiercebubbles at 7:51 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• We did Paint It Yourself Pottery for my daughter's fifth bday. It was a little high, but all the kids had something cool to take home. I was able to control the cost by saying "You have to pick from THIS shelf." My son's fifth was at the bowling alley. If you do that, don't buy their hourly rate or bday package. Get permission to bring a cake, and pay by the game. Certain times are cheaper than others. 5yos are slow bowlers so the hourly rate is usually not a good deal. Otherwise, we've done backyard bbqs (throw in a pinata or other games), the park, etc. They get a "money" bday about every other year, and a "free" bday the next. This way, I only have to pay for one expensive one per year...
    sparrowprincess

Answer by sparrowprincess at 9:23 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• A coworker mentioned that her niece was invited to B-day party at a pet store. The kids got to play with the animals and after that the mom had cupcakes for the kids. I believe she paid $100. Not bad since she didn't have to buy food or supplies. Plus no mess to clean up.
    Jaimekat13

Answer by Jaimekat13 at 4:31 PM on Apr. 10, 2009