im having a csection. what should i bring and how should i prepare?

ok so i am having a csection monday and i have the hospital bag almost fully packed. what should i bring to make sure that i am as comfy as can be. and also, how should i prepare myself for the procedure? the most ive ever had done is toncils removed and i am terrified of needles, let alone big ones. does anyone have any advice that might be good for me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• you won't see the needle for the epi or spinal block. the only thing you'll see is the needle they usse to put the iv in, and even then you can turn your head. as for what to bring, really only what's in your bag, you won't be moving around much after the proceedure. but you can bring a cd player, and possibly use it during the proceedure, if your hospital will allow it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:21 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I just want to say good luck mine was horrible!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I actually liked my c-section better than my natural birth. So much so that I chose to have one for my 3rd. What I liked: We had a set time to be at the hospital, I didn't have to worry about when I would go in to labor. I know this sounds weird and lazy, but I liked the fact that I didn't have to do anything, just lie there. I also loved the fact that I got to spend 4 days in the hospital, just me and my baby. We really bonded and learned to breast feed extremely well in that time. I brought a lot of things in my bag (clothes, pajamas, underwear, toiletries) but I didn't need anything but the underwear. The hospital even provided soap, toothpaste and toothbrush. I wore the hospital gown every day. I wore one backward and one forward to cover the back. Enjoy your time there, when you get home no one is going to serve you breakfast in bed!!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:46 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• It was hard not eating or drinking anything after I tried to sneak myself some water don't do it! I was really scared for mine I'm way way freaked out by needle and it was my 1st and only surgery. I didn't feel the spinal at all and I'm not lying I bought my own underwear and pajamas and never used them they gave me everything I needed I was there for less than 48 hours. I wanted my baby to room in with me but I have to be honest I think I would have been better off getting some rest Goodluck to you!
    mizsaxton

Answer by mizsaxton at 11:57 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I had no problems whatsoever after my c-section, and I did not know I was having one when I was admitted. It was a breeze. And I never had any kind of surgery at all prior to that. I brought to the hospital what I needed, such as comfortable clothes, whether I ended up having a c-section or not. And you won't see the needle, so don't be worried about that. Just think postive thoughts about how you will soon be bringing your new baby home. Goodluck.
    CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 1:26 PM on Apr. 7, 2009