Just wondering...

I have heard so many Mom's on here who are sick and cannot go to the Dr. because of lack of insurance. I too had no insurance before I was married. I would put off going to the Dr. all the time. There was one point when I got really sick and had no choice, I had to go, I had a full exam, and a CBC (blood work) and the whole thing only cost $174.00 and I got a 20% discount if I paid my bill that day, which I did. If I hadn't been able to pay however they said I could work out a payment plan ($10.00 a month). I just wanted to put this out there for all you Mama's who are feeling under the weather. Call around and find a Dr. that can help you out. I hope this helps someone. I know it surprised me a whole lot.

happyathomemum

Asked by happyathomemum at 11:24 AM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I avoid the dr. Heck even when I had insurance I would.

If its not obviously life threatening Ill ride it out at home. Just how Ive always been.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 11:29 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I was talking about women who NEED a Dr.'s oppinion, something wrong that is out of the norm.
    happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 11:35 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• When I didn't have insurance I didn't go to the doctor, no matter what. That is one of the reasons health insurance premiums are so expensive, why doctors charge so much.... people wait until there is something majorly wrong before going to the doctor so the treatment costs more. Or people wait until they have insurance before going and a simple fix is no a major issue. This is the reason why we need insurance for everyone...working or not.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:47 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I fully agree we need insurance for everyone. I just wanted to let other Mom's know that if the absolutly have to go to the Dr. it's not as expensive as one may think.
    happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 11:49 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Your health is important. Rather go in debt. with Dr. bills than with anything else.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• There are even clinics that help with the financially depressed who do not have insured and free clinics, too. Many will even cut out any unnecessary medical procedures, such as outside lab tests or lengthy visits with the doctor, if it will save money and if it won't affect your health. They can perform certain lab tests in-house, such as strep tests and urine dip tests. A 30 minute exam time with the doctor can be cut back to 15 minutes and cost less. Just be up front and ask first. Also, ask about a payment plan if you cannot pay the amount up front.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:52 PM on Apr. 7, 2009