i need money for school

i know that there are tons of things to get money from to help out singe moms to finish up there education... i live on my own and working full time but i want to finish up my cosmo and i cant afford to live and pay my bills if i do that..... any advice?!?!?!?!

i just have NO IDEA on where to stat with laons and grants and govt help that they prvide for single mothers....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Money & Work

• Have you completed a FAFSA yet? That is where you start for loan assistance.

MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 11:37 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• The FAFSA is for federal grants and student loans. Grants you don't have to pay back, loans you do. You can also go to scholarship.com and start looking for scholarships that apply to you. My cousin didn't qualify for grants, but he still got his school paid for and about 2,000-5,000 per semester in cash because of all the scholarships he applied for and received.
    WadeMom313

Answer by WadeMom313 at 11:39 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• good f'n luck....i just came from my school's financial office and i swear the hired people just to have them sit in chairs...no one knows what the f is going on! i was told two semesters in a row that i was getting financial aid, and then they told me...no your not you make too much. which is ridiculous cause i make 5000 less than i was 6 years ago when i was qualified for financial aid. and of course they told me too late to get a loan for this term. i'm busting my ass just to raise the money for 3 classes by may 12th so i don't fall behind! i've religously written scholarship essays, but no such luck yet. it's tough out there..
    all that being said...as tough as it gets, furthering your career with a collgeg education is key...so push through :) i'll be right next 2 ya!
    yomamaporter

Answer by yomamaporter at 10:09 PM on Apr. 7, 2009