what i can do for bruises

hi. my daughter is five years old and she bruises easily. and i was wondering if there was anything i can put on her knees and arms for bruises. or if there is something she can soak in the tub to help. the doctor said its child bruises. cause all her blood work came back normal

kissy1978

Asked by kissy1978 at 11:37 AM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Kids' Health

• I've never heard of "child bruises". What is that? Does it hurt? She's not anemic? I am and I bruise very easily.
    Anonymous

• theres not much you can do really... Vitamins, water, and just watch what she is around..
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 3:11 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• An ice pack at the time of injury will minimize the bruising. After 24 hours, a warm pack will speed healing - not by much though.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 3:57 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• soak in epson salt
    crapppppy

Answer by crapppppy at 5:38 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Nope, she probably bruises easily. My son bruises really easily.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 6:21 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I am anemic as well and bruise very easily...try giving her foods that are rich in iron. I would do any kind of iron vitamin (maybe a flinstone vitamin) but definitely try increasing her intake of iron rich foods!!
    BFickenscher

Answer by BFickenscher at 12:19 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• elbow and knee pads? lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:38 AM on Apr. 18, 2009