Anyobe college educated and on PA?

I feel so down trodden. I was laid off from my teaching position because of the city was not making any money. They are using people who are student teaching so they don't have to pay them.

I can't believe we're both unemployed and on food stamps and cash assistance. I can't even get a fucking job at McDonalds because I'm "over-qualified". Just fucking hire me. Some one. Wal-Mart, anyone. UGh...No wonder there are familial suicide pacts. If this keeps up...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Money & Work

• I agree! I have a college degree and can't find a job b/c either I'm too "over-qualified" like you or don't have enough experience (jobs want people with like years of experience). I agree that its totally unfair that you work so hard in college to get an education and can't find work. My DH also was in the military and they let him out b/c he hurt his hip and was found "unfit for duty" even though he feels fine. He worked so hard serving our country and now he's a security guard at night for minimum wage. We are also on food stamps!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• It could happen to anybody in this economy. You are not someone milking the system...this is why it is there. Don't feel bad. Just take care of your family and use the time off to love eachother and build eachother up. You will be back at work before you know it...try to use the time to finish a project you haven't had time to do!! Keep your chin up!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:43 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I don't know. It really hits home. My mom was on foodstamps my entire life. (She's sick and unfit to work). I didn't want my life to end up like that and now I feel like it is. I worked so hard to get out of that life and now I am back in it.

I made a vow to myself that I'd never end up like my mom and now I feel like we're heading that way.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• ...No wonder there are familial suicide pacts. If this keeps up.

I find it sad families are doing this but we cannot blame anyone but the families who do this. Many are suffering and don't do this. They are short sighted and have a character flaw if they could agree to kill each other and take the kids with them. So gross.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I am college educated and have been on foodstamps in the past. Don't be down on yourself. There are a lot of people in the same boat.
    Anonymous