ARMY WIFES PLEASE HELP ME

Hi my husband unit is trying to pull a short notice for coming into our off post housing. Dont they have to give a 24 hr notice and do yall know the regs. for this. i need to know ASAP. Cuz they are coming at 930 mountation time. Please help me.
HE IS IN THe ARMY

ilvmykids149

Asked by ilvmykids149 at 11:39 AM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Money & Work

• If you don't mind me asking...why are they coming to your house?
    Dayija

Answer by Dayija at 11:46 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• they are coming to do a welfare check because they are an assholes
    ilvmykids149

Answer by ilvmykids149 at 11:49 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I don't have an answer for you exact situation but I know that when I was in the AF my old supervisor had issues and they would stop by her house un-announced.

Dayija

Answer by Dayija at 11:52 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• they did that here (Ft Hood). It wasn't short notice they usually told you a few days or even a week in advanced and could not enter rooms where people were occupied .It was just a walk through. They did a "quarters" check for ppl living on post and in the barracks...
    But not people off government property. Don't know why they are doing thing. There are alot of crooked people in the military...we've had to report alot of mistreatment to our General...find the regulations for that...someone has to know...
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 11:57 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• dh got honorably discharged (yay)..so we are no longer a part of that...but if you have questions, feel free to add me...i can see what he knows about all of this. He is at work now.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 11:58 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• My hubby is Air Force so I may be wrong, but if they have any suspicions about the welfare of the soldier, they can come in even with no notice. I've known families who lived in really bad conditions, example the house was trashed and mom and dad were fighting all the time, etc where kids or the active duty member themselves are living in undesirable conditions where officials have just showed up at the house.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:33 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• officials yea...
    usually if the unit comes its just for a quarters check (if there is nothing wrong). Its pretty normal here even though we only had it do a few times. Last minute, well yea there may (or may not) be a reason for the emergency. As I've said, sometimes superiors like to harass...

babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 12:42 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• They can do that if they have reason to believe there is something wrong. Are you worried about that? I wouldn't I mean as long as your house is clean etc then there shouldn't be any issues.
    iluvmypreemies

Answer by iluvmypreemies at 12:57 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• They are just doing a health and welfare check. When we were at Fort Sill, OK (Army), the general directed all off post housing to be checked by leaders to ensure everyone was living in safe housing and the price being charges was equitable to the housing. They are not being buttholes, as NCOs and Officers, its our job to take care of soldiers. You don't have to let them in your house. They just need to verify you live there and its in good condition. If you want a regulation, check AR 600-20, Army command policy.
    ZarsMom

Answer by ZarsMom at 1:08 PM on Apr. 7, 2009