If a loved one of yours was murdered and you had a chance to see the murderer get executed would you watch?

I don't think I would. I probably would be traumatized by it.

diamondmamma

Asked by diamondmamma at 11:40 AM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• No, id rather him sit his ass in jail until the day he dies.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 11:41 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• No
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Yes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Depends on which loved one. If it had been one of my kids or my husband or my parents, then yes I would absolutely go if I was given the option.
    WadeMom313

Answer by WadeMom313 at 11:44 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I would want to be the one executing him.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 11:44 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Lethal injection, yes. Electric Chair? No..that's all faomy and twitchy.

I wish I could say I wouldn't want any ill will to fall upon the person though.
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 11:44 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Nope.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 11:45 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• no because you know who he would look at while he is dying, you. That would haunt me.
    Alysia_Moore

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 11:48 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• My family requested our relatives killer be sentenced to life in prison without parole. That is what he got. He has liver cancer and is dying slowly in prison. I have met with him twice as have other relatives. We have forgiven him and told him about Jesus. What he did was horrible. My relative was a Christian and one of the things she said to him before he took her life was I forgive you and hope you find Jesus someday. We honored her by trying to help him in that way. My family has been able to recover because of forgivness. Vengance would have only lowered us to his level.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• My brother was murdered on Mother's Day 2001, he witnessed another crime and was int he wrong place at the worng time. He was shot execution style with a double barrell shot gun to the back of the head. The man fled to Guatemala and the FBI caught him. He is currently sitting in prison for 2 consecutive life terms with no chance of parole. I would not want to sit thru his execution. It's just my personal decision tho. My one living brother feels differently. He'd be the one to pull the switch if he could. the murderer plead guilty to 2 counts of 1st degree murder. The only plea deal offered him is if he could never get out. Had we got to trial, he would have been convicted and faced the death penalty. I would have been fine with that too, but none of us wanted to sit thru a very painful trial. I think it would add more pain to my grief, to watch him die as well. O fcourse, I forgave him in open court, my living brother did not
    momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 11:51 AM on Apr. 7, 2009