I have gential herpes, and want to have my baby natural anyone deliver in this situation?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I asked the question and my doctor said that it is okay for you to have the baby natrual as long as you dont have an outbreak at the time. If you had herpes before you got pregnant then there is only a 4% chance that the baby could contract the virus if you had an outbreak but if you got herpes after you were pregnant, then you should def have a section because it becomes alot more risky.
    Anonymous

• Have you discussed it with your doc?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I don't think this is possible. But yeah talk to your doctor. Many STD's cause serious birth defects like blindness...it's probably not worth the risk.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 11:45 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• If you aren't having a breakout at the time of delivery, your doc may let you. Talk to him about it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Talk to your doc. My SIL has delivered vaginally with herpes. She was on meds to prevent an outbreak. I think it is ok as long as you don't have any lesions at the time of the birth.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 11:56 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Don't risk the health of your baby! It's just not worth it.
    Heathercurlz

Answer by Heathercurlz at 12:54 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• they say ur baby can die of herpes, I just seen something on t.v that a woman with herpes kissed her baby and the baby ended up dying. So they don't even let u have a vaginal birth if u have herpes down there.
    Anonymous

• Ive always heard that they wil not let you do that if you have herpes. Its not safe for the baby. like others have said try to talk to your doctor they might tell you something different But it is really dangerous to do that.... causes things like blindness and even death..... try googleing it and see what you get
    mommyof_2boyz

Answer by mommyof_2boyz at 3:48 PM on Apr. 7, 2009