If I had IUI on 3/6, why is the doctor saying that I am now 6 weeks (as of 4/3) shouldn't I only be 4 weeks? Please help!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I don't know what iui is>

But my guess is that they would start counting weeks from the date of your last period.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 11:51 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• No. They start counting from the first day of your last period. So technically when you had IUI you were already 2 weeks. They don't start counting from ovulation, which is when you have the IUI. So 40 weeks is from the first day of your last period.
    WadeMom313

Answer by WadeMom313 at 11:51 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• IUI is insemination procedure. Thank you both. First time for me and it is confusing when they say 6 weeks....believe me I would rather be 6 than 4!! I go in this week to see if there is a heartbeat....I am praying we find one because it has been so stressful! I have known so many of my friends that finally get pregnant and then they can't find a heartbeat. Is there a set week that you need to see a heartbeat by otherwise it is dangerous?? Fingers crossed.......
    Pinto928

Answer by Pinto928 at 2:28 PM on Apr. 7, 2009