• In the Spotlight:

Would you date a guy who still lives at home at 26? PLEASE READ & GIVE OPINION.

He has a great job, every morning his mother (who doesnt have a job) still wakes up with him, makes him his lunch, packs it in a lunch box and sends him off to work. Calls him at lunch time. Calls him if he doesnt make it home within 15 minutes to see where he is at after work. MAKES him say I love you after every conversation, if he doesnt she throws a fit. Then if he decides he wants to go out on a date or something or doesnt come home, she calls atleast 3-4 times before he gets there. The guy doesnt know how to read because his mom did his h/w through school his whole life, and she didnt believe the DRs and teacher when they said he had ADHD, refused help, and flipped out on them. So he relys on her for EVERYTHING ( which I think she did on purpose). She controls his money, his bank accounts, writes all his checks, wont LET him buy anything that she doesnt think he "needs".

FLMOM2008

Asked by FLMOM2008 at 12:08 PM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Relationships

• HECK NO! I would run far away from a man like that.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 12:10 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• sounds like my younger brother. and no I wouldn't date him.
    Anonymous

• CONTINUED...
    Hes not allowed to do this, and not allowed to do that. The list goes on and on... He has to come home and eat dinner everynight otherwise she gets mad and has a zillion questions when he gets home. OK... So I am dating this guy, infact we had a daughter together and after 2 years of pure HELL, I am still trying to figure out WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THIS WOMAN. She blames me for everything, of course...I ruined this perfect little picture of a family when I moved back from FL to be with him and we moved out and bought a house together and had a daughter. My family tells me to get over it because I am holding on to all this anger, about how she made me out to be this horrible person to her family. But when I asked her to give me one thing that is wrong with me, just one thing, she couldnt and wouldnt talk to me anymore about it... My husband seems to think that how he lived was normal, I dont think so, you???
    FLMOM2008

Answer by FLMOM2008 at 12:13 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• No...wouldn't be within ten feet of him...LOL

My hubby wasn't taken care of to that extent but he did expect me to do things because that's how he was raised. I had to squash that real quick cause I'm not his mama...Well if you want to date a child who wants you to do everything for him (cause there are people out there like that) then go for it but BEWARE of what you're in for.
    Dayija

Answer by Dayija at 12:14 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• OMG, absolutely not. Run far, far away.
    CloverE

Answer by CloverE at 12:15 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Nothing wrong with a "momma's boy", but that seems a bit extreme. Why are you so bent out of shape about him? Are you dating him? If so, didn't you know what he was all about before becoming so emotionally attached?
    Anonymous

• i would leave this situation in a hurry, why would you want to be in a relationship with such a helpless man. thats kind of creepy
    Anonymous

• the crazy bitch needs to be shot!!!
    Anonymous

• Well, since you have a daughter together, your kinda stuck with him. My boyfriend is 29 and lives at home, but he has his own house( he just prefers to be home. It's closer to his work) He has a good job and is still going to college. His parents don't pay anything for him. He has his own life and his mom backs off. I guess I'm saying I would date someone who was 26 and lived at home. I wouldn't put up with the other stuff. But I wouldn't try to change him either. Just not date him anymore and let him make the decision.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 12:21 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• You took her baby away...She resents you.
    Dayija

Answer by Dayija at 12:23 PM on Apr. 7, 2009