3rd foods?

how old was your little one when you moved them from 2nd foods to 3rd foods?

sarrrr13

Asked by sarrrr13 at 12:11 PM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My doctor said 3rd foods are just exspensive table foods and not to waste my money. Just cut up the table food as small as you can and as your child gets better at chewing and swallowing cut it up less and less. So my kid didn't really use the 3rd foods at all
    tinaaly

Answer by tinaaly at 12:16 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• i think mine was 6 or 8 months i dont remember but i know at least by 8 months
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 12:16 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Well, my son started refusing second foods at 6.5 months old, so, I tried 3rd and tried graduates. Then I had to do homemade and he finally would eat. Well, he would eat some foods not all. He was and is VERY, VERY picky. But, I gradually thickened his food and by 9.5 months, could chew and eat just about anything. He also had all his teeth too though.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:18 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I would say as soon as you think your little on is ready!!
    proudmomwifey

Answer by proudmomwifey at 12:27 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• We never did stage 3. We went right to introducing table foods at 6 months.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 12:43 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• My daughter is 7 months and she does gerber graduates and then stage 3 veggies and fruits. I only give them to her because I know they are processed differently then our food and I don't have the time to cook things down for her. Its personal choice how old your child is for each food stage. If you think they can handle it get a jar and try.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 12:50 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• We did 2nd's as soon as we were done with the firsts. They are just bigger jars and more flavors... the texture is about the same. We moved to 3rds around 7 months when he learned to chew.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 12:53 PM on Apr. 7, 2009