how can I help my husband?

he was let go from his job(oil feild laying everyone off) and now I am working and he is ataying home. well my son who is 4 months will just cry or fuss the whole time I am at work, and when he comes to get me I just look at my son and he stops crying and smiles. I have been working for a month now and I thought it would change but it never did? what can we do to make it less stressfull for my husband and happier for my son??

SkylaReneeMom

Asked by SkylaReneeMom at 12:14 PM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Money & Work

• my son did this w/ my husband from the time he was 8 weeks until he was about 16 weeks, it was hard on all of us.. my husband at times got frustrated but then learned to be very patient and the baby grew out of it and LOVES his dad now at 21 weeks.
    Mgirly84

Answer by Mgirly84 at 4:02 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I don't know the situation fully, but I would recommend that your husband engage your son in games, toys, etc. Make being with daddy fun. Your son will know when your hubby's stressed so he needs to relax. Good luck.
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 12:16 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• My son did this for my husband also - but my husband got very upset and frustrated and felt helpless when my son would cry which made him actually cry more because babies can sense that. Is your husband relaxed do you think? have him sing songs, bounce him around, go to the mall and take a stroller ride - he has to figure out what works for them but it sounds more like your husband is tense and the baby can feel that.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:23 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• well he tells me they try to play he just has no interest in him, and right now he cant take him outside to play, we live in OKlahoma and we are having high cold winds and the wind still takes his breath away and we live in a small town so there is nowhere to go like a mall or anything, our 3 year old trys to help him she trys toplay with him but when I get home she telss me brother cried all day.
    SkylaReneeMom

Answer by SkylaReneeMom at 12:40 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Maybe you should watch your husband for a day with your child and see how he interacts with him. My daughter does it to her dad all the time but he tends to get frustrated easily by her crying. He needs to find what works for him and maybe you could give him tips as well. Maybe have him hold your shirt or something while he feeds the baby or let him cuddle with your shirt during his nap so he still smells his mommy. It works for my daughter to lay on my pillow. GOOD LUCK
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 12:48 PM on Apr. 7, 2009