Any Ideas

I have had 3 c-secs in the last 3yrs my last was 3m ago. I have lost a lot of weight but I still have this layer of skin that "hangs" and I want it to go a way. I have tried to do sit-ups and squats and things to tighten it but when I am my scar HURTS, and hurts a hole lot worse when I am done. Any other things I could do to tighten that area? And no I cant join a gym I am SAHM with a almost 3yo a 15mo and a 3mo.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:18 PM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• REally sit-ups would be all I could recommend. You said your last one was only 3 months ago. Give yourself some time hun.
    Anonymous

• Your body is still healing from the c-section. Give it time to heal then concentrate on losing the flab.
    Anonymous

• treadmillTry to do alot of cardio do something that will keep you going and sweat sweat sweat at the same time try to wear something around that area (like some kind of belt or girdle) that will help support your belly. GL

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 12:30 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I'm not sure that this "loose" skin will ever just go away. I realize that for many women their skin grows over their preg. belly, and the skin does eventually tighten back up, but for women that are heavier and get much larger during preg. that skin often doesn't just disappear, the same as with women who gain enormously and weight over 300-400 lbs and then lose down to a little skinny minny. They end up having that extra skin removed. BUT, don't give up, but don't put too much emotion into it, either. That only leaves you very unhappy with your body.

Remember that your body is still healing from the muscle being cut, and 3 times at that. That will have alot to do with muscle tone. Eat well, drink plenty of water and keep junk food out of the house (for yourself AND the kids benefit). Exercise every day, having fun with the kids, and take them for walks every day as well. You will find that you feel tone all over!
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 2:11 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I can help you with this. I went through the same thing. Now I have found a product that is toning and firming all of that for me. The It Works Ultimate Body Applicator is a non-woven cloth body wrap that has been infused with a powerful, botanically-based formula to deliver you maximum tightening, toning, and firming results when applied to the skin. The Ultimate Body Applicator also continuously hydrates for firmer, more youthful-looking skin. See noticeable results in as little as 45 minutes!
    If you would like more info get with me and I can help you.
    SheriCarpenter

Answer by SheriCarpenter at 4:52 PM on Apr. 7, 2009