Is this pain normal?

I'm 18 weeks and 2 days. Well last night about 1am, I woke to the most excruciating pain in my lower left side. It was right about where my hip is, and the pain went from my side all the way to my back. The pain basically felt like really bad cramps! I had to lay on my side for the pain to go away. Then I woke up about 4am to the same pain. But it seems that the pain was brought on from just laying flat on my back. My side is still alittle achey from where the pain was, is this anything to worried about?

SeptemeberMommy

Asked by SeptemeberMommy at 12:21 PM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Best thing to do is call your ob!!
    Anonymous

• If it haqppens again I would ask your doctor about it.... or ask if the baby could be pinching your syatic nerve, I know I mispelled that but thenerve is one of the biggest ones in your body and the baby could be sitting on itwhen you lay down causing the pain and soreness, it happend to me with both my pregnancies.
    mom2married7

Answer by mom2married7 at 12:25 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• yeah could be laying on a nerve or just could be the ligament pain you get with being pregnant.if it keeps happening like that i would ask your doc.
    Anonymous

• it was probably pain from your baby laying the wrong way. you arent supposed to spend much time on your back when you are pregnant..... especially to sleep. so now would be a good time to get used to laying on your side.... the right is best. but if that doesnt help call your doc
    mommyof_2boyz

Answer by mommyof_2boyz at 3:46 PM on Apr. 7, 2009