Did you ever try walking to induce your labor?

and if so did you just keep on walking even though you began to feel exhausted an uncomfortable?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:26 PM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My mom took me to the mall at 40 weeks and I walked all across that mall for HOURS and I was still a week late and had to be induced at that. I think what it comes down to your baby is going to come when he/she wants to lol sucks be its true...
    luvsgriffin

Answer by luvsgriffin at 12:29 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• i walked all the time with my first.and had her before my due date which is weird concidering most people carry over their due date with their first.so walking works.you just have to keep walking.i never pushed past the point of being exhausted but did hurt alot down there due to my daughter droppin down on into my pelvis.
    Anonymous

• Yes, and it didn't seem to work
    Anonymous

• On my due date, I went to a craft fair and walked until my side hurt. The naxt day, i rested. I had him the next day no probs.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:35 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Yes, I went into the hospital at 3cm and the nurses made me walk around the hospital for forever! It didn't work. They ended up breaking my water which finally got the ball rolling.
    Dayija

Answer by Dayija at 12:35 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Around my mother's due date, with both my sister and I she went shopping at the mall. She walked for 2 hours or more, and each time it helped move things a long. :)
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 12:41 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I walked and walked an nothing came from it, at least not immediately . I hear that if you do the "Leave it To Beaver" walk- where one foot is on the curb and one foot off- then it's supposed to help a lot more. I never did try it, there aren't many sidewalks around my house.
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 1:00 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• walking helps, and when you start to feel them contractions or feel like you can't walk no more try jut walking back home but stay standing, i layed down and it went a way my doc said to keep walking but i was like heck Naw it hurted tooooooo much, but i think it helped and worked some what cuz my now 7 yr old came out fast and easy!
    Ayeshah

Answer by Ayeshah at 2:29 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I started walking about 45minutes a day at 28 weeks and NOTHING! I was still 3 weeks late with my second son!!!!

But with my first i really didnt walk too much until I was in labor. Then I decided to walk half a mile up the street and that caused my contractions to be 2-3 minutes apart.... I had to have someone come pick me up i couldnt make it back! so i guess it helped out in that situation!
    mommyof_2boyz

Answer by mommyof_2boyz at 3:44 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• That is the thing u do not start walking when u are 49 weeks or the day of ur due date. I start walking about 35 weeks and I did it every day for 2 hours and had both my 1st and 2nd one week before my due date. But with my 3rd I did not do it but want to do it with this baby
    Mz.PhatPhat

Answer by Mz.PhatPhat at 4:57 PM on Apr. 7, 2009