my 4 year old has got a seriously bad time listening to us. We will punish her and explain what happen and why she was punished she says she understands but the next back to not listening and saying I don't want ...........help please

llcoker25

Asked by llcoker25 at 12:31 PM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• So I went through this with my midle son and he was so bad... I seriously wanted to cry everyday out of frustration. But my mom gave me great advice. she said be short. when explaining be short. For a child that has a hard time listening the most important thing to convey is NO. the reasons and whys will come later. My son and me had a hard 6 months of just NO. and everything he did wrong was punished immediately. We had him in the corner. but if your dd does time out that will work to. The major part of discipline comes from consistancy and treating every little and big defiance as equally punishable. After I got really tough on him and listened to what felt like weeks of screaming and crying I have a very well mannered son. At first it is hard because it is not typically in my character but my mom pointed out that I have to prepare him to follow small rules so that he dosen't grow to break LAWS. Or learn to write him in jail
    Mommy3b1g

Answer by Mommy3b1g at 12:38 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• The advice Mommy3b1q gave is great. We do all that but we still have the exact same problem. We have been told by my inlaws and church that we need parenting classes. Makes me feel like a bad mother to hear them all say that. Good luck. I wish I had any suggestion.
    Bigmama4Jesus

Answer by Bigmama4Jesus at 10:36 PM on Apr. 9, 2009