Gallbladder problems...

I am 20wks preg... I have been having horrible pain in my right rib that really hurts the whole right side of my back. Went to the doc and she said it sounds like gallstones. Did a gallbladder ultrasound at 3am this morning so I don't have the results yet. I would imagine I have gallstones.

My question is:
Why am I having a gallbladder attack after EVERY time I eat? I have not been eating anything fatty the last few days (or in general really)..... I just ate a bowl of cereal and am having an attack. I get an attack after EVERYTHING I eat, even after healthy food.

Does 5-6 attacks a day mean it is more severe or there is something really wrong? Or may I just have a weaker gallbladder?
I think Im going to head to the ER instead of making a doc apt..
Tylenol doesn't help at all!!

Anyone else had this prob before? I know gallstones are pretty common in pregnant women...

shannonwooten

Asked by shannonwooten at 12:33 PM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Health

• I didn't have am gallbladder problems until after my baby was born, so they just took mine out right away. I have a friend who had it in pregnancy and her doc waited until after the baby was born to take it out.
    I would go to the ER because if you are having attacks after eating everything then it could be that your gallbladder is infected, which is why I had the emergency surgery. Please let us know what they say.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 12:38 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• yea go to the ER, they will prob remove your gallbladder after baby is born. My DH's cousin had her galbladder removed during pregnancy
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 12:40 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• yes go to the ER. I had my gall bladder removed. i didn't have trouble until my LO was maybe 3 months old. It came on sort of suddenly for me. It took a month though from my first ER visit to when I had it removed. they gave me vicadin for the pain about 1 week to 2 weeks before the surgery. According to the surgeon i had a gall stone stuck in the duct - i guess that is really bad. Basically had they known that, they would have had mine removed sooner. The surgeon said I should have been in REALLY bad pain for the entire month since when i had the first pain that took me to the ER was probably when it got in there. It was so horrible.

I was pregnant, but they should be able to do something quickly for you. Good luck! You will feel much better after surgery.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 1:13 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• The pain you're having could be from a stuck stone instead of them just passing on through. I don't think there's anything they can do besides surgery. Good luck!
    krisr169

Answer by krisr169 at 10:39 AM on Apr. 8, 2009