When can I bathe baby in the bathtub?

I think my baby is ready for the big tub, but I'm not sure. Any input?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:33 PM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I waited until mine could sit up on her own. To make it an easier transition we put her little tub into the bathtub for about a week. We also put a pad at the bottom of the tub to make it less slippery.
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 12:40 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Our daughter is almost 7 months and sitting on her own. She either sits in a bath ring or alone in the tub with her toys. We only use the ring if we know she is really tired, she likes to crawl around in the tub, so if you feel your child will be okay give it a try. If your still using a infant/ converter tub then try a bath ring they are like 25 bucks at the store or just put your child in the tub with no water to see the reaction.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 12:44 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• There is no "ready". When we bathed ours, we always did it in the big tub.

If you want to do it, do it.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 12:45 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• As soon as my son could hold his head up unassisted I started bringing him in to the tub with me, I found the baby tub inconvenient and it left his chest exposed so he tended to get chilly. It's easier and lots of fun to bring the baby in with you. I tried him in the tub himself now that he can sit up, but I had to stop him from trying to flip on to his chest, so it'll be a while befor I try that again!
    wadesmum

Answer by wadesmum at 12:49 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• We moved out son to a regular tub around 5 months. We started with a bath sponge and just added a couple inches of water and he layed on the sponge. When he was able to sit well unsupported we just let him sit.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 12:51 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Yeah, I have been bringing dd in the tub with me for about 2-3 months now. When I don't feel like taking a bath, I bought a Winnie the Pooh, inflatable tub that goes inside the big tub. It's great and she loves it. I love taking baths with her though . . . it's so fun and cute!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:53 PM on Apr. 7, 2009