How do I prepare for my 2nd baby ?

My son is going to be 1 yr old this week .I am pregnant and will be having my second baby at the end of this year.I am not sure what I need to do to prepare myself and my son about it.

moosimamma

Asked by moosimamma at 12:34 PM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Get a baby doll to start teaching him now how to be easy and nice with the baby. Have him help bathe the doll, give it bottles and everything. Let him see you can interact with both him and a baby. Babysit if someone you know has a small child younger than him of course. Include him as much as you can.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 12:42 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I am a mom of three. My oldest will be 3 on Saturday my youngest is 4weeks old... and if i can give you any advice of how to prepare for #2 i would say... Be realistic that you don't have to be a super mom. If you plan for the worst and realize it's going to be tough nothing will seem all that bad. And definately let people help you. Friends and family is what gets me through!!! Oh and also remember you can't plan for everything so just sit back and enjoy the ride... Take it all in and remember that somewhere in these hard times are the best times of your life. So have fun and try to laugh at the little things!!!! Hope this helps alittle..
    Melissa6280

Answer by Melissa6280 at 12:49 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Cont. And remember Kids adjust to things easier than we think... Just keep him included and hugs and kisses always help!
    Melissa6280

Answer by Melissa6280 at 12:53 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• they have lots of books and shows on dvd that are about getting a little brother and sister. maybe start now reading one of the stories to him regularly and tell him about the baby and everything. get him excited for a new friend. like the previous poster said also include him as much as possible.
    OliviasMommy614

Answer by OliviasMommy614 at 1:17 PM on Apr. 7, 2009