Ok, when you go shopping, do you shop in bulk or just a little at a time?

My sister glanced in my kitchen closet and noticed I had 6 12pk sodas, 10 bottles of Juicey juices etc etc. I told her when I go shopping I have this habit of just wanting to stock up. Do you as a mom do that or do you just keep going back to the store for whatever you need.

diamondmamma

Asked by diamondmamma at 12:35 PM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I stock up when things are on sale, I have a closet in the laundry room that I keep all the extras...so when I run out upstairs I go "shopping" in the laudry room =) Its way too expensive to buy as you go, IMO.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 12:46 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I want to start stocking up, when my husband comes along he loves to buy in bulk or extras I keep forgetting to look at the price per oz, which is usually a lot cheaper for the items in bulk than the smaller packages.
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 12:36 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I stock up! Everytime I go shopping, whether its groceries, drinks, or even clothes and house decor.. I'll NEVER go shopping for just one thing.. when I go, I get a LOAD of things!
    PeytonsMom21109

Answer by PeytonsMom21109 at 12:37 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• We buy in bulk.
    Anonymous

• We generally stock up on things. Certain things we buy in bulk from Costco. We go to the commissary and buy like $150 worth of meat at once. Our fridge is usually packed tight and our pantry is full. We also buy our baby stuff in bulk.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:39 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Depending on what it is I stock up on snack foods and meats and laundry stuff when I see a sale. But typically everything else is on an as needed basis.
    ****Toilet paper by the bulk*******
    Mommy3b1g

Answer by Mommy3b1g at 12:44 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I really need to start buying in bulk, because I find that after spending $250 on groceries a week, sometimes, I'm back at the store days later picking up things I forgot or didn't buy enough of!
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 12:48 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I buy bulk if it is on sale like today super K mart has chicken brests  legs and thighs 10 pounds for $10 dollars so I am going to get 30 pounds tonight I cant pass that up lol

tlc-mom

Answer by tlc-mom at 12:51 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• we stock up on almost everything.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 12:54 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I stock up also. Sves more money in the long run. I buy huge slabs of meat and cut my own steaks and chops. Also buy tons of chicken and just freeze. Then If I see a sale, I buy as much as I can and store it. Around here there are blizzards alot so you can be stuck in the house for days, you want to have food. Plus with kids it is easier to just go do one big shopping trip once a month.
    MAMMA2DYANDTY

Answer by MAMMA2DYANDTY at 1:01 PM on Apr. 7, 2009