CONT.. WHAT WOULD YOU DO??

AS I WAS SAYING. MY HUSBAND AND I DON'T WANT FOR OUR DD TO GO THROUGH ALL THAT. WE WOULDN'T MIND BRACES, BUT A FACE BRACE?. WE R PANICED. MY DD HASN'T LOST HER BABY TEETH YET, THE ORTHO SAID THAT HER PERMANENT TEETH WOULD COME OUT THE SAME WAY. WE DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO. I'M SO FRUSTRATED RIGHT NOW!!!!!

COOKY81

Asked by COOKY81 at 12:44 PM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I responded already in the other question. But I want to add something. You do what you have to do for your children. If you let this go until she is an adult, it's going to make her life a living hell. Kids are cruel, very cruel. Having messed up teeth and un underbite is going to cause her some embarrassment. It's also very hard to eat properly. I wasn't able to bite into an apple until I was an adult because of my problems. I have had every possible appliance there is and honestly, the "head gear" is not that bad. It can be itchy sometimes but it beats the alternative. Get some secondary dental insurance and save like crazy because this does cost money. In the long run, it's very worth it. Again, feel free to PM me and ask me anything. I have been through it all and I understand what you are all going through.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 12:59 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Like I said, the brace face now would be way better than the surgery later and less likely to interfere with peers and school. My son had and will have braces again because his bottom front teeth were in front or the top ones. He also had an extender in the roof of his mouth. And he had to wear a crazy looking new kind of head gear at night. His front teeth are beautiful now. But he will have to get braces on bottom and back on top when all his teeth come in. He is 13.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:59 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I have to agree with BradenisMySon. Remember what I responded on the first part. I was in High School by the time we were able to do anything financially. What I did not tell ya was they wanted to do jaw surgery. Break the jaw and all that. Seems to me the brace would be less tramatic.
    Bigmama4Jesus

Answer by Bigmama4Jesus at 10:32 PM on Apr. 9, 2009