my 3year old vs my 4 month old

my 3yr old daughter has noticed when her brother crys he gets picked up and tented to well she has stopped listening to us and now starts crying like a baby eveytime she is asked something, and this has just started since I have been working and daddy is at home. but there wasnt a choice on that. We try to let her know she is still special on my days off we do things she wants to do. but then when I go back to work she starts acting like a baby again. my husband has what they call "Skylar time" for her when brother is sleeping he down and plays with her, So I guess I dont see what else we can try?????

SkylaReneeMom

Asked by SkylaReneeMom at 12:47 PM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Ignore the crying, give it no attention. If she has a fit tell her that when she is ready to act like a big girl and use her words you will be more the happy to help her. I have 7 kids so I know exactly what you are talking about! It is really hard to do those first few days, but they do catch on and you will start to see less and less of it, reward when you see her using her words more. Good luck!
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 1:43 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• what you can also do sweetie is let her join in while you give her brother a bath, so she can bond with him and understand him more. she just getting a lil jealous and it happens, let her read to her brother or tell a story while you are with them so she knows she is getting some time with you but when she knows that she can help with brother she will fouse on that more cause she will treat her brother like her baby dolls.
    Anonymous

• Include her in what you do. She's incredibly jealous and hates seeing mommy spend a lot of time with baby brother. Have her help you make cookies, she can certainly dump in sugar and flour. Let her help you feed the baby if that's an option. Definitely don't ignore her, she's probably already feeling that wrapped in with the jealousy.
    AudreyJ

Answer by AudreyJ at 12:58 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• if you truly figure this out then write a book and you will make MILLIONS!!!! this is not the end, but only the beginning of sibling rivalry!!! i wish that i had some advise, but i have not figured it out yet either...5-year-old boy and 2-year-old girl and they love each other to pieces at times and then push each others buttons...GOOD LUCK!!!
    amwb1201

Answer by amwb1201 at 1:14 AM on Apr. 23, 2009