I'm Just Curious

So my LO is four months old. He just started cereal and hates it. I knew he would but my question is...How long before he catches on to the whole "cereal trend"?

Dayija

Asked by Dayija at 12:49 PM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• m daughter didnt really she only eats it before bed then the rest of the day she eats fruits and veggies...
    lilysmommy1408

Answer by lilysmommy1408 at 12:51 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• My daughter never ate it. Have you tried mixing in fruits or veggies with it? Some babies never like the texture or taste. It takes a week or so for them to get used to any kind of food so maybe try making it thinner or thicker and see what they do.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 12:51 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Did you make it watery and with his formula or breast milk? Or maybe he just isn't quite ready to take it. My son would eat cereal off a spoon very well at 4 months, but, some kids just aren't ready yet.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:51 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Yeah, I mix it with formula. I've found that the only way he'll eat it is after he takes his bottle. He WILL NOT eat any cereal till he has his bottle. Is that normal?
    Dayija

Answer by Dayija at 12:54 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• why don't you but the cereal inside his bottle?
    Mommy2Mariah

Answer by Mommy2Mariah at 1:01 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Yep. Always fed a little bottle before cereal. That way he isn't starving and more likely to try it. I always did some bottle, some cereal, some more bottle some more cereal. Even it out. Then he won't feel like he's missing out on bottle.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:01 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Because she is teaching him how to eat off a spoon not trying to uneccessarily fill him up. Never put cereal in a bottle unless maybe they have reflux and this is all that will help. He needs bottles for all his nutrition and only get cereal to learn how to eat and get used to texture.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:03 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Thanks...that clears things up LOL I knew he got his nutrition from his bottle still but I wanted to knock the food out first. LOL I feel silly now. :)

Dayija

Answer by Dayija at 1:07 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• That was mainly for PP not you. Sorry if you knew already.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:09 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• We started my daughter off with cereal in her bottle, started out so it was just a little thicker than formula and worked our way up. They sell nipples that are especially for cereal. its like a hole with an X across it so thicker stuff can get through. This really helped her because she hated cereal.
    OliviasMommy614

Answer by OliviasMommy614 at 1:19 PM on Apr. 7, 2009