Anyone thinking of leaving new York?

Rush said he would sell his residence in NY because he was not going to pay for the ridiculous taxes being brought in and now another billionaire is following in his footsteps. Donald trump is seriously thinking of movin ghis home and headquarters from NY.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/04062009/tv/trump_out_of_nyc__163107.htm

There are alot of rich people in NY. If they leave to avoid taxes the regular guy will face even more taxes in the future. Governor Patterson is not seeing the big picture. Typical of a Democrat. How about you, the regular guy, have you reached the end of your rope?

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 12:51 PM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I cannot stand New York and New York City. Visited three times was mugged twice. While being mugged people took pictures and did not help. Rudest and most hateful people I have ever been around. They tax to high there is not reason to stay. Too expensive, the traffics sucks, the people sucks and the crime is still higher than anywhere in the midwest. Why would anyone move there?

California is just as bad. Too expensive, too much traffic, too many taxes, too many laws and of course Nancy Pelosi. I am staying put in the midwest where people are friendly and will help a fellow citizen out and not laugh, point and take pictures when someone is punched in the face and their purse is stolen.
    Anonymous

• Getting there..........
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 12:51 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I love NY.
    CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 12:52 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I left NY almost 6yrs ago. biggest mistake ever. there is no place like NY. Rich in culture diversity, with great people, who are brutally honest, where you can get anything at any time. I Love love NY and when possible will be moving back.
    ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 12:57 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I hope all the job creators leave newyork, and let them be the liberal blue state they think they want to be.
    Anonymous

• lol I agree 1:02 and stop trying to make every state like Cali stick to a few states and leave the rest of us sane ones alone.
    Anonymous

• they won't leave. they know that's the place to be a make money. they just complaining and making threats to see if they can bully the governor. rush can leave today and no new yorker would care if his racist, drug addicted self got out of ny.
    Anonymous

• ANON Hide and watch...
    I really could care less who stays in NY. If you like it and don't mind paying out the ass for EVERY little thing, so be it. Have at it. It was a question and all I am interested in is the relevant answers.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 1:22 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I don't live in NY obviously (my name) lol.If I did I would more then likely really consider leaving not that i'm near rich lol but it's too expensive.I was born and raised in MD spent the most part of my life there and the cost of living was getting rough and now it's pretty nuts.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 1:32 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• They are bluffing.
    Anonymous